Friday, March 21, 2008

What are you doing for Easter?

We are coloring eggs tonight. Tomorrow we are having an Easter Egg Hunt with a bunch of our extended family. I'm in charge of making the main course for dinner which will be White Chili. This is one of my favorites. Here is the recipe if you would like to try it. Trust me on this one! I have two turkeys in the oven right now getting ready for this. We are expecting aroung 30 people so I'm going to 5x's this recipe which serves 6.

White Bean Chili
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, crushed (I never put this in)
4 cups cubed chicken or turkey
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 Tablespoon dried cilantro
1 Tablespoon dried Basil
2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cloves
2 can great northern beans, undrained

Saute onion and garlic in the butter. Add everything else. Simmer and enjoy! The longer it simmers the better it gets. Plus it is always better on the second day.

No comments: