Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pillars of the Earth



Here are two other books I have read recently
Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett
Pillars was by far the better of the two books. It is all about building a cathedral in the early 11th century in England. The characters have all there own stories and lives to deal with. You will fall in love with the little Abbott of Kingsbridge and his faithfulness and ingenuity. I liked the characters a lot better and the story was original and compelling. I would give it a 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars. World Without End was not as good but still an interesting read. It was during the Great Plague in England and I got sick of the sickness. Also the characters and their personalities echoed those of the first book too much and I didn't like the main female character. I would give this book 3 out of 5. But be sure to read Pillars. It is a book in and of itself. World Without End is not really a sequel to it, but follows 200 years later. Both books can be read individually and independent of each other.

No comments: