Monday, July 28, 2008

This is the Place

Friday I spent the day with the kids at "This is the Place Heritage Park". We were there from 10:30 am to 4:40 pm on one of the hottest, over 100 degree, days of the year. They were continuing the Days of '47 Celebrations so there was tons to do. We went on a train and wagon ride, participated in a mini handcart parade, made corn husk dolls and wood crafts, petted a baby cow and cute little baby goats and sheep, rode a pony (Meagan), got a shave from Brigham Young (Meagan again), watermelon eating contest, candy cannon, flag ceremony, saw a rattle snake (contained), and toured the houses and buildings. Amanda was happy to meet a granddaughter of Mary Goble Pay and share the knowledge she had learned at trek about this great woman and see her pioneer home. All this and low and behold I forgot my camera. I could have taken so many awesome pictures. I was surprised how much the kids learned and enjoyed the park. It was a fun day.

2 comments:

Ms. Hobbs said...

I'm a little hurt that you didn't stop by or invite me. I mean.. I DO live ... you know... close to that area. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE!!! I'm kidding a little.. I'm glad you had so much fun!

Andrea said...

Sounds fun. I have never been there before.

I just about bust a gut this weekend when I told Meagan she had hairy legs. She said, "Mom, I should have had Brigham Yound shave my legs." It just didn't sound right. Mike was like, "WHAT?". He hadn't heard about the shave yet.