Saturday, March 17, 2007

Baby Bear Cub




Today we took a break from the house and took the kids to get an ice cream at Iceburg. Cabela's is just across the street and Amanda reminded us that that Grandpa had seen a news report that they had baby bear cubs there this weekend. We weren't sure about the details so we headed over to see what it was all about. They indeed had 7 baby bear cubs, and for $15 you could get your picture with one and hold in for a millisecond. The kids were excited so we sprung the bucks. Something we rarely do, even with Santa Clause, but how often do you get to hold a real bear. It was so cute and had no teeth yet. It's fur was very bristly, not at all what I expected. I guess I've held too many stuffed animals. Anyway, the picture turned out pretty cute considering we are all covered in sheet rock dust and had been working all day. Poor little Meagan is sun burnt too. She was riding her bike while we were working and that first sunburn of the season always sneaks up on you.

1 comment:

Ms. Hobbs said...

How cute!!! I looked at the pic before I read the blog and had no idea there was a bear in the picture. How cool. By the way.. thanks for your comment. I was laughing so hard at the YOU GO GIRL and then I thought.. You bet I will! :)