Monday, February 04, 2008

Homecoming



Justin and I chaperoned Amanda's Homecoming Dance on Saturday. I really don't think there was any need for the parents to be there. We only had to say something to one couple who were all over each other. Or should I say, she was all over him. After we gave them the evil eye, we had nothing to do for 4 hours except for fill punch bowls. Amanda had fun. She met up with a few friends and they hung out the whole time. I was amused by the social aspect of the dance. There were all these little circles of girls in these tight knit groups that no poor boy could ever penetrate. They all faced each other and acted occupied so as not to look like a lonely wallflower, but in the process, completely shutting out any shy fellow who may not want to approach a gang of girls. Most of the night seemed like all the kids just danced together in a large group, not caring about being paired up. Everyone had fun. Amanda was asked to dance a few times and on the girls choice dance she came and asked her dad to dance. It was sweet. Unfortunatly my batteries died before I could take a picture of the two of them. I'm so glad that she is an atypical teenager who was glad to have her parents at the dance.

No comments: